Everyone Deserves a Healthy, Beautiful Smile
Is your smile everything you’ve always hoped for? At Bourquin Dental Centre in Abbotsford, BC, Dr. Caroline Y. Cesar offers dental treatments to enhance the smiles of your whole family. Dr. Cesar provides comprehensive general dentistry along with aesthetic dental procedures — a healthy smile is a happy smile. From teeth whitening to dental implants, we will help you attain the beautiful smile you deserve.
About Dr. Cesar
Dr. Cesar graduated from the University of British Columbia Faculty of Dentistry in 1989. Following graduation, she spent two years working in Whitehorse, Yukon, where she gained a broad experience in private practice, hospital dentistry, and community programs. She also provided mobile dental services to northern communities. Dr. Cesar later continued with general practice and hospital dentistry in Campbell River and general practice in Comox. Since 1994, Dr. Cesar has maintained her own private practice in Abbotsford where she enthusiastically enjoys providing functional and aesthetic dental solutions to her patients based on comprehensive diagnosis and treatment planning principles. She has been involved in numerous training programs and courses.
Dr. Cesar is a general dentist with a concentration in cosmetic dentistry and TMD (Temporomandibular Joint Disorders).
Credentials & Memberships
- TEST (The Esthetic Study Team) — 1995-present
- Canadian Dental Association— 1989-present
- BC Dental Association — 1989-present
- College of Dental Surgeons of BC — 1989-present
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) — 2005-present
- American Equilibration Society (AES) — 2007-present
- Fraser Valley Implant Study Club — 2005-present
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists – 2008-present
- Toastmasters International — 2011-present
- Clinical Assistant Professor at U.B.C. – part-time 2016-2017
- Kois Center – Alumni
- Kois Center – Alumni – 2012-2017
- Botox Advance Botulinum Toxin Training for Dento-facial use w/Dr. Howard Katz — 2009
- Piper Education and Research Center Postdoctoral Education: MRI and Ct Scan Interpretation — 2008
- Invisalign — Clear Essentials I — 2008
- Misch International Implant Institute — Advance Implant Prosthetics — 2007
- Temple University School of Dentistry – Prosthetic and Surgical Oral Implantology — 2007
- Dawson Academy for the Advancement of Dentistry — 2007
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS) — 2007
- Hornbrook Group Center for Advanced Clinical Education: The Art of Aesthetic Photography – 2006
- Advanced Esthetic Dentistry, University of Washington, Dr. Harry F. Albers — 1995-1997
- Cast Gold restoration — Dr. Richard Tucker — 1993
- Doctor of Dental Medicine at the University of British Columbia — 1989
- Bachelor of Science, Microbiology — 1985
About Dr. Christopher Louie
Dr. Louie is enthusiastic about providing his patients with the best possible dental treatment, using the latest evidence-based techniques. His goal is to tailor patients’ treatment to their individual needs in a comfortable setting. He strives for excellence by completing advanced dental courses, such as the curriculum at the Kois Centre in Seattle. He also attends numerous meetings including the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry.
Outside the office, he enjoys outdoor activities, especially hiking and road cycling.
Credentials & Memberships
Memberships & Certifications:
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry — 2020
- Fraser Valley Implant Study Club — 2020
- CPR level HCP – for Healthcare Providers — January 9, 2020
- Kois Center: Treatment Planning & Functional Occlusion – Combined 103 & 153 —January 13-17, 2020
- Kois Center: Optimized Digital Integration in the Dental Practice — January 18-19, 2020
- Dr. Larry Gaum – Oral Surgery for the GP: A Practical Approach — January 24-26, 2020
- Zimmer Biomet hands-on restorative implant workshop — Friday, February 28, 2020
- Zimmer zbipathwayZ™ Self-Study Series 1 – Introduction to Implants — February, 2020
- John Stephen Hill Memorial Prize for Proficiency in Clinical Operative Dentistry in the Final Year of the Faculty of Dentistry
- Martin Halas Prize No. 1 for Proficiency and Professionalism in All Clinical Components in the Final Year of the Dental Program
- American Equilibration Society 2020 – 65th Scientific Meeting- Feb 20-22, 2020
- Pacific Dental Conference March 6-7, 2020
Dr. Cesar and her team pride themselves on providing superior dental care in a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Our patients value our thorough approach to treatment and attention to detail. We look forward to making your experience relaxing and comfortable as we use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to help you attain your best-looking, healthiest smile.
“Dr. Cesar and her team are fantastic. A caring bunch for sure. The entire team takes extra time to ensure your experience is positive. I recently had my two front teeth capped. A little concerning given the front and centre location. My teeth were crooked and dead (brown). I now have straight white teeth. Amazing. Attention to every detail. Thank you, Dr. Cesar and team. I am / was a new patient looking for someone that specialized in cosmetic dentistry. I found a caring individual that goes above and beyond expectations. Thank you from “a customer for life.”
“You two did an awesome job! Freezing lasted for a few hours, but when it finally came out I was in no pain at all. Celebrated by running out and purchasing a big box of chewy toffee that Jody recommended! LOL! Nope – just sucking on some sugar-free candy and drinking water. No pop! Have a great day!”
“As a new arrival in Abbotsford and needing dental care I found this office via internet and made an appointment. Upon entering I was greeted and due to Covid 19 procedures I was advised to sanitize and put on proper protective clothing including a mask and await the start of my appointment.
I was called in by name and taken to what appeared to be a properly protected and sanitized treatment area. The assistant informed me of what was going to happen after having me use a rinse due to the pandemic.
The dental assistant and the dentist, Dr. Louie then gave me a thorough examination with x-rays and cleaning in the most professional manner. I was informed of the results of the examination and the further appointment was made for treatment that was required.
The office and treatment areas were very clean and seem to be equipped with the most modern equipment. I will definitely be returning in the future along with my spouse as I was impressed with the care and treatment I received from everyone.”
Suite #101 - 2745 Bourquin Crescent W
Abbotsford, BC V2S 6J4
The office is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, BC Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day
Tuesday - Saturday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Lunch Hour between 12 PM and 1 PM